Ascending Chaos

Friday, September 30, 2005

Moving - Arrrgh

Some statistics:
Number of years in current organization: 10 coming on to 11
Number of years in current position: coming on the 3 years
Number of times relocated office in current organization: 6
Number of times relocated office in last 3 years = 4!!!!!

Oh, I also moved house this year, so 2005 is The Year of the Move.

I hate, hate, hate moving. The thing I hate most about moving is packing. Specifically, the sorting part of packing. The decision making - what to keep, what to throw? - is just draining. How much sentimentality to attach to objects rarely seen and never used? Whether to throw away something is there is a remote off-chance that it might be needed in the future?

The thing about

I have bruises, sore muscles and a too much dust in my system. HATE packing.

Labels: ,