Ascending Chaos

Friday, June 30, 2006

SI Wild Card Results Show: The Pleasures of non-viewing

I listened again, without the visuals. This is probably the best way to get through SI without having to cringe or roll my eyes. Of course, it means I miss out on making fun of Florence's hair and Dick's attire. But I think I am rather glad not to have to seen the interviews with the parents (listening was plenty fine enough, thank you) and especially glad to have missed the visuals of Jay Lim's emotional response (not knocking him for crying, which is perfectly a perfectly understandable and acceptable response, but I wish Idol would just stop making people sing when they are barely able to speak).

On the heels of the best competition show, we had the most satisfactory results show so far. I guess it was not much of a surprise that Mathilda, Jay, Gayle and Norman would be the 4 getting into the Final 12. However, there was some uncertainty as to who among them would get the popular votes, and this kept things interesting.

I am pleased as punch that the best 2 SINGERS, Mathilda and Jay, were the people's choice. I hope this bodes well for their chances to go further in the competition than some of the cute young things that they are keeping company with.

My early favourites are Jay, Mathilda and Hady. I hope I haven't jinxed them!

Labels: